So, I've signed up for Ravelry, a knit and crochet online community thing, that looks like just so much fun. You can show off your projects, browse around other peoples' projects, list your stash yarns (stash? what stash? i don't have a stash... achem), search for patterns to match yarns and see what other people have done... why, it's going to be like Flickr, but for knitting, maybe even better! :0
The catch is they're still in beta, so they are sending out invites as fast as they can handle new users. I waited too long to sign up:
- You signed up on July 20, 2007
- You are #19118 on the list.
- 11687 people are ahead of you in line.
- 2401 people are behind you in line.
- 33% of the list has been invited so far